What’s unique about Scotty’s Pet Scenes?
Scotty’s pet portrait scenes have an equal amount of focus on your pet’s personality, as on their appearance. I spend time before I begin, getting to “know” your pet, and developing a scene that will capture their personality as fully as possible.
Part 1/ The Commission Process
With special thanks to Kate Taylor from http://www.dotty4paws.co.uk for allowing me to use photos of her gorgeous girls for this post.
What is the step by step process of having a Scotty’s pet scene?
1. If you are undecided about whether to book, that’s no problem at all and I’m always happy to chat and answer any queries without any obligation to you to book.
2. If you decide to book in, we agree on a start date and I send you an invoice for 50% of the cost as a deposit to secure your booking.
3. Before the start date, I will ask you for a wide selection of photographs including full body both sides, plus a clear headshot from the front and from the side. Below are just a small selection of the photographs sent.
Poppy... (copyright Dotty4Paws)
Winnie... (copyright Dotty4Paws)
4. I will send you a specially developed Personality Form to fill in. This helps me to get to “know” your pet, and gives me all of the information that I need to design your scene for you.
5. On the start date for your cartoon to begin, I will send you an email confirming that I am making a start, and then the remainder of the process is behind the scenes, with occasional emails to let you know the progress and when to expect the completed cartoon.
6. Please see Part 2 (coming soon) for the behind the scenes process of drawing a Scotty’s Pet Scene
7. I return with your shiny new cartoon! I send you a low resolution version for approval along with the invoice for the final 50% of the cost.
Copyright Scotty's Cartoons
8. Once the invoice is paid, I send you a high resolution file of the cartoon.
9. If you have booked a package with products, I then sublimate your cartoon onto the products and package them up ready to send!
10. Once your parcel has been posted, I will email you to let you know when to expect it.