Booking a Pet Scene Commission
1) When you first get in touch, I appreciate you may still be thinking about whether or not to book a cartoon, so please know that I am always happy to have a chat with no obligation to you to proceed. I love chatting to other pet lovers so it’s never a hardship of the job!
2) If you have decided to proceed, there are a few things that I need to know before we continue ...
How many pets would you like to be in the cartoon?
Which package would you like to purchase?
Is there anything (other than your pet!) that you particularly would like me to include in your cartoon?
3) I will send you an invoice to secure the agreed date for your booking. This is a deposit for 50% of the total cost, with the remainder due once you have received your cartoon.
4) Now the necessities are out of the way, we’re onto the fun bit: Delving into the quirks and behaviours of your pet that makes them who they are!
I will send you a personality form for each of your pets. Scotty’s Pet Scenes are more than just a portrait; They’re the very essence of your pet, which is why I use my pet personality forms that I have produced to really help me to get to know your pet’s character and all of their quirks that make them so very special. The forms are as vital a part of the process, as the photos are, which is the next step…
5) As I work from multiple photos, I ask for several clear shots of your pet including the following:
A head shot, face on
A head shot, in profile view from the side
A full body shot to show your pet’s shape, appearance and markings
A shot of your pet sitting/laying down
A shot of your pet standing/running
Photos of any loved possessions of your pet’s. I will often include these in the scene too, as they’re sometimes part of what makes our pet’s so special.
You will have time to fill the forms in and to send the photos to me, and I ask that I receive them by the start date of your cartoon.
6) Once your start date arrives I will drop you a line to let you know that I have begun your cartoon. I use your photos and your answers in your forms to come up with a scene that will show their personality in a cartoon to it’s full potential. I will pay equal attention to your pet’s appearance and personality throughout the process.
7) Generally, I email a couple of times while I am working on the cartoon, to let you know how it’s progressing, but I don’t show it until the end as it can look quite different in the early sketches to it’s finished result. However, if you would like to see it in stages for approval, please just let me know.
8) Once your cartoon is finished, I will send you your shiny new cartoon by email. When you’ve let me know that you’re happy, I will send the invoice to you for the final payment.
9) If you have opted for a package with a print and/or other items, I will then sublimate them for you and get them posted to you ASAP. I will keep you updated on the progress of making and sending your items, so that you will know when to expect them.
10) Then your package will arrive with your keepsake items showing off your new cartoon commission to it’s full potential as the perfect essence of your fur pal!